Search This Blog

Loading...

Where our friendship begins:

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Working on new Ukrainian easter eggs - - - part 2

I have been slow in my art stuff lately. I have been busy offline and online doing and accomplish tasks. Boy, I want to stay focus in this precious hobby of mine. Anyhow, I was able to finish the dyeing of colors in this one goose egg. I like the starburst design.
 These two different pictures is of the design of one egg. The front and back. I started designing into the white color base of the egg, then I dipped it to the yellow egg dye which you saw in the post before this one, then I designed again what yellow colors need to be yellow in the egg, then I brush painted the green dye to what needs to be green and covered it with beeswax again, then I dipped it to this red dye and thus the result in the pictures.
I t looks pretty impressive even though its not done yet. Because after I covered beeswax to what designs needed to remain red, I dipped it to the black egg dye which was the last one. I finished the process of melting all the beeswax and revealed the actual design lately but I will upload the picture after I refinish it and coat it with varnish. Stay tuned to the next part of this post folks. :)

5 comments:

anne said...

Thats a very awesome art Mel, sus ako walay katalent talent anang mga ing ana hahaist.

Mel Cole said...

anne, hobby2x lang ni nako oi. lol. busy sa ko sa blogging world.

Dhemz said...

sos pagka nice jud ani yotch woi...I really like it...matyaga ka jud kau da.

chubskulit said...

You're so talented talaga sis!

Leovi said...

Beautiful with exquisite colors, you really have great designs throughout the blog.

Join my blog and be featured here: