Search This Blog

Loading...

Where our friendship begins:

Friday, August 6, 2010

A 500,000 Pesos worth Stained glass for Luck

This is a picture of me way back in March 18, 2008. I remembered the exact date because it was our last day in the room that we rented for two weeks in Sta. Anna, Ermita, Manila. I still have a high fever at that time because I felt sick during my interview day in U.S. Embassy for my VISA. It was my college friend Uncle's building whom a rich Spanish guy in his past life gave it to him from his Will. About the stained glass, yes, it is worth 500,000 pesos and I think it was more expensive than that before but he lowered the price so that somebody worth it will take care of this magnificent work of art. I was still shocked about the price and I can view it in my room, touch it, and hush in awe of how the glasses are arranged piece by piece and the blend of colors in this art. My friend's Uncle told me that it's a symbol of a "Sarimanok", a colorful chicken that brings fortune and luck, and the artist was a very famous one in Philippines and I forgot who his name was. I have to get back to her again in Facebook. But anyway, I took advantage of taking a picture of myself with it because if someday that it will be sold by somebody, I will never see it again.

5 comments:

Lina Gustina said...

You're so lucky...you can touch a master piece :)

Mel Cole of PA, USA said...

Thanks Lina, it was awesome!

Dhemz said...

ka kuyaw pod ani ug kawaton...ehhehehe!

chubskulit said...

Hahaha bakit ka nagkafever lol.. Ganda ng smile mo dito.

Mel Cole of PA, USA said...

@Dhemz, kuyaw gyud baiz.

@chubskulit, nagka-fever coz of nervousness. lols :)

Join my blog and be featured here: